Bar/Restaurant: The spacious clubhouse provides excellent bar and catering facilities to members and the many visitors
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors use
Scorecard and layout
Harburn Golf Club Scorecard and Course layout. Click or Tap Image to see full size
Pro-Shop: The pro shop offers for sale a wide selection of current clothing and the very latest leading brands in golf clubs and golf equipment
Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: None Available
Practice Area: Fully equipped driving range currently using new quality Titleist balls
Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
Location and Route Planning
- Is Choosing Which Tee-Box Colour To Use Really an OptionWhile playing the many Senior Opens this year I have always found it fascinating listening to… Read more: Is Choosing Which Tee-Box Colour To Use Really an Option
- Are High Handicap Golfers Unfairly Treated at Club CompetitionsUnlucky Breaks in Golf: It’s Just Part of the Game All golfers know this game is… Read more: Are High Handicap Golfers Unfairly Treated at Club Competitions
In their Words…….
In 1923 a group of professional gentlemen lead by Mr. A. Macdonald Fraser, supported by among others, Dr. H.R. Dodson and Mr. Henry Lessels registered the Harburn Golf Club Company Limited. They obtained a 21-year lease of land at the East Torphin Farm from Mr. John Storry the owner at that time and well known to West Calder folk. His nephew, Mr. Jack Storry, became proprietor of the land in 1946.
The inception of Harburn Golf Club coincided with the winding up meeting of the Hardale Club. A small committee was formed from among the existing Hardale members to investigate the possibility of a takeover. Weeks of feverish activity followed. Enquiries were made at Register House and favourable discussions with lawyers, trustees and the proprietor lead to a recommendation of takeover being put to a special meeting of prospective members. The new club was formally launched at a meeting on 14 December 1932 with Mr. J.H. Hope in the chair.
A committee of 12 dedicated members were elected to conduct the business of the new club, to be known as Harburn Golf Club.In 2016 Harburn Golf Club is recognised as one of the top golf courses in the Lothians area, with a full and thriving membership who enjoy both competitive and social golf.
There is a fantastic Social Calendar of events supported by excellent facilities to meet the needs of any social function and in Bistro19 the Club have an outstanding catering company who produce quality cuisine for the benefits of members and visitors alike.
At 870 feet above sea level our healthland course is attractively situated on the northern slope of the Pentland Hills and is lined with varying species of trees.Harburn Golf Club