Phone: + 44 (0) 1506 630553
In Their Words ...........
The Club was formed at a meeting held on 12th May 1892 and the original 9 holes layout was prepared by Mr William Park (Junior) of Musselburgh. The course was officially opened on 22nd June 1892 by the Master of the Edinburgh Merchant Company who were the superior landlords of the land on which the course was situated. This link remains until today with an annual match played between the clubs.
The course was extended to 18 holes and a match between two professionals marked the official opening on 11th May 1907, Mr Ben Sayers of North Berwick and Mr Willie Fernie of Troon partnered by two amateur members of the Club. The club and ball used to open the course are on display in the Club trophy cabinet. In 1935 Mr James Braid was invited to review the course and his recommendations led to improvements and changes which formed part of the ongoing development of the Club.
The Club is situated 2 miles from the main M8 motorway which bisects central Scotland and Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling can all be reached by car in under half an hour. Located in the town centre itself and the clubhouse is a five minute walk from the railway station which has a direct link to Edinburgh and Glasgow Queen Street via Airdrie.
The course provides an excellent test of golf, evidenced by the quality of players it has produced. The Club are delighted to have produced two Ryder Cup Captains in Eric Brown and Bernard Gallacher. Eric captained the side in 1969 and 1971 and Bernard of course in 1991, 1993 and 1995. The Club has produced other international players most notably Stephen Gallacher who represented his country at Boys, Youths and Senior level and is now a successful touring professional
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, relatively flat with tree lined fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6328 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Full catering facilities provided from a choice of 3 Bar areas
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Separate visitors locker room
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Yes
- Buggy Hire: Yes
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area and nets available
- Putting Practice: Three practice putting greens
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning