Phone: +44 (0)1786 464098
In Their Words ...........
Stirling Golf Club one of the most picturesque courses in Scotland, with inspiring backdrops of the Old Town of Stirling, built on ancient volcanic slopes, crowned by the historic Castle rising above spectacular crags and there are stunning views in all directions across Central Scotland, the Ochil and Lomond Hills to the east, and the Carse of Stirling, the Trossachs and the Southern Highlands beyond. Set in the old royal hunting grounds of the Kings Park, Stirling is a golf course of excellent quality and unique character – a golfing experience not to be missed.
Formed in 1869 Stirling Golf Club, celebrated its 140th year in 2009, at a meeting in the town's Golden Lion Hotel, which had been built almost 100 years earlier and included Robert Burns as one of its famous guests. In 1873 the Club made its first appointment of a professional Tom Morris Jnr., four times Open Champion and then at the height of his fame, came from St Andrews for the month of April and his terms were 30 shillings a week plus travelling expenses. The original course had consisted of only seven holes, and competitions were played three times round the links.
Then, in 1892, Tom Morris was asked to come through from St Andrews and his adopted plan for nine holes was the first major alteration to the original course. In 1967, Sir Henry Cotton redesigned the course to the current layout, and initiated an extensive tree-planting programme. Mostly deciduous trees favoured to provide spring and autumn colour.
Stirling has developed into a golf course that is both a pleasure to play and a challenge to low and high handicappers alike. The greens are complemented by lush fairways, and the graded rough keeps play moving. The trees have matured and now present beauty and many a hazard.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland with mature tree lined fairways, the course has some elevated sections and is a true test for all
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6503 yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: Trevino’s Restaurant provides a full catering service and has fabulous views over the Kings Park.
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Showers available, use own towel
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with leading brands golf equipment, custom golf club fitting service available
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club Hire available, check availability and pre book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, a few power trolleys best to pre book
- Practice Area: Practice net available for visitors use
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning