Phone: + 44 (0) 1324 562605
In Their Words ...........
Beginning his career on the links at Elie, James Braid was a successful golfer from a young age, winning his first tournament when he was just 8 years old. He went on to be the first golfer to win The Open Championship five times. His legacy, however, is as a very talented golf course designer. Among his designs are the 'King's Course' and the 'Queen's Course' at Gleneagles, and our very own Glenbervie Golf Course. Braid's methodology was so successful that he effectively changed how golf courses were designed across the world. Carefully studying topographical maps and planning meticulously, Braid actually altered the terrain to create new and radical designs based around shot strategies.
The tranquil natural beauty of Glenbervie Golf course offers an incredible setting for one of Braid's most challenging, ingenious designs. His connection with our course is a mark of quality for us, and is consistent with the high standards we uphold in every area of our club.Against the backdrop of the stunning Ochil hills, he created an elite golf experience that is still enjoyed by professionals and amateurs alike over 80 years later. Few inland courses in the world offer such an incredible setting.
The course is just moments from town, and only 30 minutes from both Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports, but you won't have any idea how close you are to civilisation when you are playing in the tranquillity of Glenbervie's parkland. Surrounded by an enormous variety of trees and flora, it's the perfect course to forget about your busy life and concentrate on your swing. The course has natural elevations and a challenging par of 71.
Glenbervie Golf Club offers much more than just an incredible golf experience, we are proud to match the quality of our course with an excellent Clubhouse, offering year round enjoyment for your whole family. The panoramic vistas of the Ochil Hills from our restaurant and function suites only enhance the fine Scottish dining experience we offer inside. Members and visitors can fuel up with a meal before their game, or relax with a drink in one of our lounges afterwards.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: The parkland course at Glenbervie has natural elevations surrounded by an enormous variety of trees and flora providing an elite golf experience that is still enjoyed by professionals and amateurs alike
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6438 yards
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Stately but modern, the restaurant, lounges and bar provide the perfect location to recover after a round of golf. The Joug Tree serves a varied menu made from locally sourced produce. Combine the great food with the incredible views, and you can see why visitors just keep coming back to the Joug Tree
- Drinks/Snacks: An All-Day snack and lunch menu
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse has male and female locker rooms available
- Shower Facilities: Ladies and Gents showers available
- Pro-Shop: The Professionals' Shop offers members and visitors a wide selection of golf equipment, stocking a huge range of clubs, clothes and accessories. Tuition available including individual lessons, all of which utilise the latest in coaching technology
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire but are limited in quantity, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trollies available to hire, limited amount of battery powered trollies available it would be best to pre book
- Practice Area: From a practice fairway long enough to hit driver, two short game practice greens and a 9 hole academy course. Practice on all-weather hitting surfaces and covered bays available to protect from inclement weather
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning