Phone: +44 (0)141 886 6692
E-mail : Contact Form
In Their Words ...........
Renfrew Golf Club is recognised as one of the finest inland golf courses in Scotland and has the enviable honour of hosting several SGU and R&A events.The Club was founded in September 1894 and a 9-hole course constructed after a meeting of businessmen from Renfrew and Govan on land leased from Speirs of Elderslie Estate.
In 1920 James Braid was the Architect who extended the course to 18 holes when the Clubhouse opened on the 20th May 1925. The extended course was the longest in the West of Scotland with a Par of 73. The present tree-lined parkland course, constructed in 1970 and officially opened on 29th September 1973, was the design of Architect Commander John D. Harris in the estate of the late Lord Blythswood.
Fine specimens of Lime, Chestnut, Beech, Birch, Oak, Sycamore in all 29 different species of trees have been identified. The 12th hole has a particularly vibrant display of Rhododendrons for part of the season.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, fairways are lined with many different species of trees
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6818 yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering service available
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop, stocked with golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: No
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning