Phone: + 44 (0)1505 872139
In Their Words ...........
Kilmacolm Golf Course is a superb moorland course situated on a plateau some 400 feet above sea level and lies on either side of the Houston Road. The course architects have made full use of the natural hills and hollows to make this one of the most attractive of inland courses. The southerly aspect is across the Gryffe valley to the Moors of Duchal and the Renfrewshire Uplands dominated by Misty Law and the Hill of Stake with the beautiful Knapps Loch in the foreground. Paisley and Glasgow can be seen looking east across Kilallan and Houston and on a clear day the keen eyed may observe Tinto Hill in Lanarkshire, some 43 miles away.
One of the great attractions of the course is the fact that very few holes run in a similar direction. While length at Kilmacolm is not a factor, the course demands accurate driving and well judged second shots. The narrow fairways are lined by heathers and gorse, and many trees. Deer bounce over the fairways, sheep graze in surrounding fields and swans nest in adjoining marshlands, a protected site.
Whilst not overly long by modern standards, 5961 yards (SSS 69) off gents medal tees, and 5445 yards (SSS 72) off the ladies tees accuracy is required to score well. The Heather and Gorse which line most of the fairways will punish any wayward shot. Overall a superb moorland course.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Moorland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5961 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Full catering provided in the main restaurant
- Drinks/Snacks: A drink or snack available in the lounge
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: N/A, Callaway Club Fitting Service
- Buggy Hire: Yes, check availability must be pre booked
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Driving Range and Short Game area
- Putting Practice: Two large putting greens
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning