70 Dumbreck Road
Phone: + 44 (0) 141 427 3355
In Their Words ...........
The history of the course shows a gradual evolution and fine tuning that have resulted in the present layout. Formed in 1910 the course occupies land that originally belonged to Sir John Stirling Maxwell and his family and is now little more than a crisply struck iron away from the world famous Burrell Collection. The original nine holes were contained in the area between the railway and Dumbreck Road and were later added to with a further nine holes carved out of woodland at the far end of the course.
Haggs Castle is one of the finest inland layouts in the west of Scotland. Set in the magnificent mature parkland of Pollok Country Park, the tree-lined fairways of our course provide a wonderful contrast to the nearby, bustling city-centre. At 6,426 yards from the white tees, and 5,987 yards off the yellow tees, the course is playable for all and a challenge for the best. To score well you’ll have to plot your way around, stay on the short grass and keep out of the trees. A great course, only minutes from the centre of Glasgow and the airport, it's easy to see why Haggs Castle is a popular venue for visiting golfers. However, ease of access is only a small part of the experience of Haggs Castle. The course provides a challenging but fair test of golf. Plentiful woodland, strategically placed bunkers and a number of dog legs make for some interesting course management decisions.
Haggs Castle Golf Club has history and traditions dating back more than one hundred years. We've hosted four European Tour events with famous winners: Bernhard Langer, Ken Brown, Howard Clark and David Feherty.
You’ll get a friendly greeting in our clubhouse before or after your game. Food is available all day with a full menu offering from 9am to 7pm during the playing season.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A parkland course set in the magnificent mature parkland of Pollok Country Park, the tree-lined fairways will need accuracy of the tee, to score well you’ll have to plot your way around, stay on the short grass and keep out of the trees.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6426 yards
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: You’ll get a friendly greeting in the clubhouse before or after your game. Food is available all day with a full menu offering from 9am to 7pm during the playing season. The catering teams pride themselves on making you feel welcome and happily refreshed.
- Drinks/Snacks: Drinks, teas/coffees and bar snacks are available outside the menu hours.
- Changing Facilities: Full changing facilities available for visitors use, in fact the club insists all changing, shoes included must take place in the changing rooms and not in the car park
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for Ladies and Gents visitors
- Pro-Shop: The pro shop is one of Scotland’s best stocked on-course shops. It offers a comprehensive and extensive range of goods to golfers and non-golfers alike at the most competitive prices. Choose from a wide variety of shirts and sweaters from premium manufacturers and a range of clubs to suit all golfers.
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire from the pro shop
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire from the pro shop
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire from the pro shop
- Practice Area: Practice area available for visitors use
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning