Phone: +44 (0)141 881 1519
In Their Words ...........
Located in the heart of East Renfrewshire, Fereneze Golf Club is only a short drive from Glasgow City Centre and easily accessible from Glasgow International Airport. The near 6,000 yard golf course is 18 holes of mature moorland and offers some of the most spectacular views of the Clyde Valley looking towards Glasgow and the surrounding area. On a clear day a snow capped Ben Lomond can be viewed from several vantage points and key landmarks in the city are always visible.
After inspecting the course Alistair Beggs, an Official Agronomist to the Royal & Ancient Championship Committee, said: “It is always wonderful to walk a golf course which is so evidently natural. It is important that its natural character is retained for the future. It is hoped that the members of Fereneze recognise the uniqueness of what they have and act to preserve it in the future.”
A medium length course by yardage, Fereneze is the closest thing you will find to a links course without going to the seaside. With relatively tight fairways this is a course which rewards accurate driving. Each hole presents a new challenge, with golfers having to adapt to local conditions when playing approach shots to fast and sloping greens.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mature Moorland, with tight fairways accuracy of the tee is a must
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5918 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Comprehensive club menu available to visitors
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Pro Shop fully stocked with the leadind brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire: No clubs to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire, conditions permitting. Limited quantity best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys and power available to hire, power trolleys best to pre book
- Practice Area: Net available to use
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green situated in front of the pro shop
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning