301 Barrhead Road
Phone: +44 (0)141 649 9401
In Their Words ...........
Founded in 1906 and later re-designed by the highly acclaimed James Braid, Cowglen Golf Club is a wonderful parkland course only 5 minutes from Glasgow City Centre. An extensive programme of course development has taken place in recent years which has been appreciated by members and visitors many of whom return to Cowglen year after year. In addition to the superb golf course the practice facilities are amongst the very best in the country and in recognition were granted Scottish Golf Development Centre Status in 2013
The main lounge and patio area to the front of the clubhouse provide views across the course including the 18th green and 1st tee. Visitors are welcome in all areas of the clubhouse; we have no ‘members only’ areas. Cowglen takes great pride in its catering and bar operation, with an experienced and friendly team on hand to cater for every taste and occasion. You can enjoy freshly prepared snacks and meals in the bar, dining room or ( weather permitting) sitting on the patio area, with views over the putting green, 1st, and 18th holes.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: An undulating parkland course with mature trees framing its fairways and excellent greens. Recognised for its outstanding greens and has magnificent views of Glasgow and the Scottish highlands. Cowglen provides an interesting, enjoyable and challenging experience to all levels of player.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6105 yards
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: The main lounge and patio area to the front of the clubhouse provide views across the course including the 18th green and 1st tee. The Spike Bar is a great place to relax and enjoy yourself before or after your round. It is an informal area where you can have something to eat or drink as soon as you finish your round without having to change or remove your golf shoes.
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available from the Spike Bar
- Changing Facilities: Cowglen offers excellent separate changing rooms for ladies and gentlemen in the newly refurbished locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Ladies and gentlemen showering facilities
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the leading brands golf equipment and clothing
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, they are limited in quantity and best to pre book to avoid disappointment
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, limited amount of battery power trollies available to hire probably best to pre book
- Practice Area: Excellent practice facilities including a "long" short game area and a chipping green
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning