Cochrane Castle Golf Club
Coursetype: A scenic parkland course with mature trees lining the fairways, and on several holes. The elevated views from the course provide scenic aspects towards Ben Lomond to the North, the Campsies to the East.
Number Of Holes: 18
Yardage: From the white tees 6194 yards
Bar/Restaurant: The spacious clubhouse provides excellent bar and catering facilities to members and the many visitors
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Unknown
Scorecard and layout
Cochrane Castle Golf Club Scorecard and Course layout. Click or Tap Image to see full size
Pro-Shop: Fully stocked shop and specialises in only the finest golf brands available on the market, including golf clubs, golf shoes, golf bags and apparel. All major brands are stocked including: Nike, Mizuno, Taylormade, Titleist, Footjoy, Benross, Galvin Green and Lyle & Scott
Golf Club Hire: Unknown
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: Pull and battery powered trolleys available to hire
Practice Area: Practice area for the short game, pitching and bunkers
Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
Location and Route Planning
Book a Hotel now
In their Words…….
Cochrane Castle Golf Club located in the town of Johnstone, Strathclyde is a mature parkland 18-hole course of length 6194 yards (5664m). The course was designed by Charlie Hunter and was established in 1895.
Over the years many changes in layout have taken place, the most significant of which followed the compulsory purchase of ground in 1949 by the Town Council for house building. Eight holes were lost and new ground had to be obtained. In the following year the legendary James Braid designed new holes on land beyond the existing seventh green and the course extended to 6500 yards. The new holes were remote from the clubhouse and did not prove to be popular with the members and were soon abandoned.
Change was so frequent in the fifties that Cochrane Castle was locally known as the course with ‘greens on wheels’. Eventually land which now constitutes the ‘bottom six’ was acquired and the existing layout evolved.Cochrane Castle Golf Club