Phone: +44 (0)141 638 9449
In Their Words ...........
The club was established in 1895 and is one of the oldest in the area. We are a friendly club located conveniently on the south side of the City of Glasgow on the Mearns Road, approx 1 mile from Clarkston Toll on the A727. The James Braid designed golf course is played over undulating parkland and offers a challenge to all levels of golfers.
The course is surrounded by picturesque and panoramic views of the City of Glasgow, and you can also enjoy the fine views towards the North West and Loch Lomond. The course at Cathcart Castle is a traditional parkland course measuring a total distance of 5902 yds, par 69 from the Gents tees will test all levels of amateur golfers. With a total of 6 par 3's on the course there are plenty of opportunities to record a good score. However in order to score well at Cathcart Castle you have got to be accurate and manage your game.
Several of the holes on the front 9 are protected by the 2 winding burns which cross the fairways, and most holes are guarded by bunkers. The back 9 starts with a long par 4 which has out of bounds on the right for this hole and the next 7 holes. The many mature birch and pine trees lining the fairways are currently being enhanced by a new tree planting program which is already well in evidence.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype:Parkland, accuracy is key with tree lined fairways, burns and bunkers means a fair test for golfers
- Number Of Holes:18
- Yardage:5902 yds
- Bar/Restaurant:Bar and catering service available in the Bar and Lounge which overlooks the first tee
- Drinks/Snacks:Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities:Yes
- Shower Facilities:Yes
- Pro-Shop:Pro shop fully stocked with leading brands golf equipment, also a Powakaddy service centre
- Golf Club Hire:N/A
- Buggy Hire:Buggies available to hire, limited quantity best to pre book
- Trolley Hire:Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area:Practice net available
- Putting Practice:Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information:Visit the website
Location and Route Planning