Phone: +44 (0)1738 551171
In Their Words ...........
The Murrayshall Estate is home to both the Murrayshall and Lynedoch Golf Courses. Two prestigious but very different eighteen hole courses, they provide a hugely enjoyable challenge for guests and visiting golfers.
With a magnificent blank canvas of beautiful landscape, Hamilton J Stutt had over 350 acres of Perthshire countryside to work with. Laid out before him was a mature woodland estate dating back to the 1600's. He sympathetically used the natural contours and the Murrayshall course meanders through tree lined fairways, undulating parkland and has several natural burns which have been used to protect the large greens. The introduction of the white sand bunkers which are a feature of the Murrayshall course lie in waiting for errant shots.
Hamilton J Stutt returned to design the Lynedoch Course and make great use of the existing natural woodland, utilised the wild flower meadows that nature intended and carved a real wee gem of a course. Both courses are a real contrast to one another – Murrayshall Championship, the wider, longer course requires length and accuracy from the tee shot, this will allow golfers the opportunity to approach greens from the correct angle, widening the view of the pin. Lynedoch however is shorter but no less a challenge, tighter fairways, bracken filled gullies and tall Scots Pine trees narrow the golfer’s view of fairways and greens.
Murrayshall also gives golfing guests the chance to visit the famous courses of St Andrews, Kingsbarns, Carnoustie and Gleneagles, which are all within short driving distance of the hotel. With so much on offer to keen golfers of all levels, it’s no surprise that Murrayshall House Hotel has become globally renowned as a provider of top quality golfing breaks and golf days out in the historic home of golf.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, Two courses Murrayshall wide and long, and Lynedoch shorter but tighter
- Number Of Holes: Both courses are 18 holes
- Yardage: Murrayshall Course 6120 yds and Lynedoch 5361 yds
- Par: Murrayshall Course 72, Lynedoch 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Stutts Bar and Restaurant provide quality catering facilities
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack Menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club hire available
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull and PowaKaddy power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Well equipped Driving Range available
- Putting Practice: Practice chipping and putting greens available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website