c/o The Greens Hotel,
2 The Muirs,
Phone: +44 (0)1577 863407
In Their Words ...........
Kinross offers two courses: The Bruce and The Montgomery. If you come across a group or society that has spent the day playing both courses, ask the golfers which course they enjoyed the most. Some will say "The Bruce" while others will say "The Montgomery." Both courses are mature and well-maintained and provide excellent examples of Scottish parkland golf with the added bonus of magnificent views of Loch Leven and the West Lomond Hills. The owners renovated and improved both courses and the work has significantly added to the playability and enjoyment.
The first golf course built at Kinross, The Montgomery, is fair for the weekend or occasional golfer yet the course provides a test for the more accomplished and experienced player. The Montgomery Challenge is an incentive for Kinross visitors to break 80 (gross). Card a 79 or lower and your next round is on us (limit two free rounds per year). As you can see from the relatively short list of people who have achieved "Montgomery Challenge Hall of Fame" status since the inception of the programme in 2006, breaking 80 is a challenge—even for low-handicappers. If your club handicap is 10 or greater and you successfully take on the Montgomery Challenge, we'll extend the offer of a free round to include a friend; if your handicap is nine or less and you still get a free round.
If The Montgomery is the sensible, polite, and determined sister destined for a life of professionalism and hard work, then The Bruce is the sister who is less predictable and more likely to stray off the beaten path. Proof comes in the par-39 outward nine where you'll find four par-5s in the space of six holes. Yes, the challenge is a little gentler on The Bruce and there's no "The Bruce Challenge" (yet) but scoring well on The Bruce is no given. Weekend and "average" golfers often find The Bruce is more to their liking but the better golfer who sees four early par-5s and thinks, "that's four birdie holes" often finds their card in shreds embarrassingly early in the round. Yet sometimes, even a modest golfer finds a way to take advantage of the scoring opportunities that The Bruce presents.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Two Parkland Courses, The Montgomery and The Bruce
- Number Of Holes: Both 18
- Yardage: The Montgomery 6508 yds, The Bruce 6231 yds
- Par: The Montgomery 72, The Bruce 73
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes, another 5 Dining options within the resort
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes, refreshment buggy operates during the high season.
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with the Leading Brands Golf Equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Taylormade Golf Clubs available to hire, Pre-book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies fitted with ProLink GPS to give accurate yardages
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: Full size practice ground, use your own golf balls
- Putting Practice: Practice Green beside both 1st tees
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning