Phone: + 44 (0) 1350 727524
In Their Words ...........
Dunkeld and Birnam Golf Club, is situated in Highland Perthshire. The current course was originally founded in 1892 on a course designed by the legendary Old Tom Morris and is often regarded as one of the most picturesque golf courses in Highland Perthshire. Officially opened in 1922 by Her Grace, The Duchess of Atholl, the course has a magnificent heathland setting on a hillside above the historic town of Dunkeld.
The Course affords not only a new and interesting challenge for the golfer but also ever changing views of the glorious surrounding countryside, unrivalled in Highland Perthshire. From the course looking southwest, the outlook is over Dunkeld Cathedral and along Strathbraan whilst to the east wide-ranging views encompass Loch of the Lowes where ospreys breed each spring.
Extended to 18 holes in 2000 the new part of the Course is situated close to Loch of Lowes, Highland Perthshire's Nature Reserve, home to Lady, the famous Osprey, where the rolling fairways and water features in a more parkland setting add further variety to the original 9 hole layout
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, a well prepared course with excellent greens
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5511 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes, relax on the veranda and soak in the outstanding views
- Drinks/Snacks: Visitors can enjoy a choice of cooked snacks
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Club shop stocked with golfing essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club Hire available, best to Pre-Book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire, best to pre-book to guarantee
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Compact practice area
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning