Aberfeldy Golf Club
Coursetype: A scenic parkland course with the River Tay splitting the course. An easy walking course the fairways have trees lining most of them and not a huge number of bunkers guarding the greens
Number Of Holes: 18
Yardage: From the white tees 5928 yards
Bar/Restaurant: There are bar facilities in the clubhouse however it would be best to call ahead and confirm the availablity of catering
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Unknown
Scorecard and layout
Aberfeldy Golf Club Scorecard. Click or Tap Image to see full size
Pro-Shop: There are some golf eseential items available from the bar
Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs are available to hire, there is a limited choice
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
Practice Area: Unknown
Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
Location and Route Planning
- Are High Handicap Golfers Unfairly Treated at Club CompetitionsUnlucky Breaks in Golf: It’s Just Part of the Game All golfers know this game is… Read more: Are High Handicap Golfers Unfairly Treated at Club Competitions
- Is Choosing Which Tee-Box Colour To Use Really an OptionWhile playing the many Senior Opens this year I have always found it fascinating listening to… Read more: Is Choosing Which Tee-Box Colour To Use Really an Option
In their Words…….
Only a short drive from Scotland’s central belt, Aberfeldy is a beautiful parkland course in the heart of Highland Perthshire. Come for the day, play your round of golf and then enjoy some good food and drink in our friendly clubhouse.
The original Aberfeldy golf course was 9 holes and ran along the south side of the River Tay. It was laid out on what was then known as The Cour – grazing ground for cattle. In 1907, Sir Neil Menzies offered to rent the club Weem Cow Park, on the north side of the river, to make the course 18 holes.
Negotiations failed and in 1908, the lady members proposed extending the course onto ground at Killiechassie, further east on the north side of the river. That also came to nothing. It was not until 1991 that the Weem Cow Park was finally purchased by the club.
A new footbridge was built over the river and the course became the 18 holes which we play on today. The new course was opened in time for the club’s centenary celebrations in 1995.Aberfeldy Golf Club