Phone: +44 (0)1806 566705
In Their Words ...........
The most northerly golf course in the British Isles Our 18-hole Par 71 course is located at the northernmost point on the small island of Whalsay, in the Shetland Islands, Scotland.
Set in a unique location and bordered by the sea on both sides, it is surrounded by spectacular coastal scenery, which in itself gives host to an abundance of wildlife. We believe that the combination of the tranquil surroundings coupled with the treacherous golfing challenges make Whalsay Golf Course truly one of a kind. Whalsay can be reached from the Shetland mainland by ferry, leaving from Laxo (occasionally Vidlin - 3 miles from Laxo).
The crossing takes around 30 minutes. It is advisable to take your car across, as the golf course is 4-5 miles from the Whalsay ferry terminal at Symbister. If you are travelling as a group then it may be possible to arrange alternative transport to/from the golf course by bus. Please contact us for details.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Moorland, the most northerly golf club in Britain
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6171 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes, open Frid and Sat night or by prior arrangement
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: No, club shop sells essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: No
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning