Lady Lever Park
Isle of Lewis
Phone: +44 (0)1851 702240
In Their Words ...........
Stornoway Golf Club in the Western Isles of Scotland was founded in 1890 on the present day site of Stornoway Airport. It was re-sited to its current location within the grounds of the Lews Castle in 1947 with the aid of compensation received from the Air Ministry who had requisitioned the original course in 1939.
The 18 hole golf course on the Isle of Lewis in the Western Isles is well designed and professionally maintained with panoramic views of Stornoway Harbour and the Minch. At only 5252 yards it may appear short by modern standards but there are plenty of hazards for wayward shots including mature trees, heather and gorse. A good variety of up and down hill holes presented with some blind greens, mixed with a sprinkling of dog-legs makes the course a recipe for golfing triumphs and disasters in equal measure. The combination of trees, heather and gorse make the course a picturesque one in its own right.
On the higher parts of the course, however, the views are magnificent. Over the town, across Broad Bay, Tong and beyond to the mainland to the north-east. To the south across the moors and beyond to the mountains of Harris.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Moorland. The Course and Club are closed on a Sunday
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5252 yds
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: Catering available in the main lounge bar
- Drinks/Snacks: Licensed bar with light snacks are all open to visitors
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Clubhouse incorporates a golf shop that sells golf essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Club hire is available best to pre-book
- Buggy Hire: No
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: Nets and short game practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning