Phone: + 44 (0) 1542 831798
Website: Strathlene Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
Strathlene is one of the oldest golf courses in Scotland first established in 1877 when the ground was gifted to the town by the factor of Seafield Estates, Mr Bryson. The original 9 holes were created between Portessie and Strathlene House, in 1936 the course was extended to 18 holes with the purchase of ground on the headland between Strathlene and the village of Findochty, and was designed by Mr George Smith of Lossiemouth
A cliff top links course, Strathlene is notable in that it combines modern with old. You'll play recently redesigned holes that will give players a unique challenge, while heading in, you'll play some of the original holes - more than 120 years old. More than the play, however are the incredible views of this historic course. Strathlene Golf Club features brilliant views of the Moray Firth, and as an added plus, your day will be highlighted with views of the many dolphins that call this area of Scotland home.
At the same time the original clubhouse was dismantled and relocated on to the cliff top overlooking Strathlene, where the current clubhouse, built in 1974, now stands. With its lowered windows the upstairs seating offers an excellent view of the golf course and surrounding countryside on one side and a spectacular panoramic view across the Moray Firth on the other.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A links course in nature, however unlike the traditional links this course is situated on the cliff top. Undulating fairways, elevated greens and strategically placed bunkers make it a thinking-players course, where course management and ball placement will lead to a solid score.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5977 yards from the white tees
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: The well stocked bar is situated in the upstairs lounge in the two level clubhouse and offers an excellent view of the golf course and surrounding countryside on one side and a spectacular panoramic view across the Moray Firth on the other. The Club has a well-equipped kitchen and the services of a caterer business. Although the caterers are not permanently situated at the premises, catering can pre-booked by visiting groups of golfers or members for private functions.
- Drinks/Snacks: There is a cafe seating area with coffee, cold drinks and a sweet machine inside the driving range.
- Changing Facilities: Yes, for members and visitors
- Shower Facilities: Showers are available for visiting golfers to use
- Pro-Shop: Golfing essentials available from the clubhouse
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire.
- Buggy Hire: There is a limited number of buggies to hire, best to check availability and book before arriving if required
- Trolley Hire: Pull and Power trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: The driving range is floodlit with targets at 50 yards 150 yards 200 yards, The pitch and putt area has 3 holes bunkers surounding the green area
- Putting Practice: Large putting green avaialable
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning