Phone: + 44 (0)1667 453208
In Their Words ...........
Ranked number 11 in the list of Top 100 Courses in Scotland 2015 (Golf World Magazine), this Traditional Scottish Golf Links Course was created from a Highland wilderness of gorse and heather, and tests the talents of professional and amateur alike. Founded in 1887, it is now one of the best courses in Scotland, and has hosted a large number of important championships.
What delights the visitor and member alike is the Scottish-ness of the links. Other than in a strong westerly, it leads you in gently before demanding accurate driving and precision second shots. Gorse is a hazard. The par 4 holes tease and confound and all four short holes are cunningly angled, with the 4th a little gem and the 14th simply spectacular. As three of the par 5 holes are over 530 yards long, it is a test for all. Yet, even more challenging than the humps and hollows that lurk in the fairways, is the trickery of the greens.
Eighty years ago, having played the Championship Course, James Braid commented on their quality – “The texture of the turf and the character of the greens is unrivalled”.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Championship links, where the sea and gorse are hazards
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6436 yds, White Tees
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: The master chef ensures superb cooking throughout the day
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available, lounge area has awe-inspiring views
- Changing Facilities: Yes in visitors locker room
- Shower Facilities: Showers available in the visitors locker room
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop is fully stocked with all the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs and Caddies are available to hire, must be pre-booked
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available, can be booked in advance
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys are available to hire, cannot be pre-booked
- Practice Area: Driving range and practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning