Phone: + 44 (0) 1343 830578
In Their Words ...........
Originally Hopeman was a nine hole course, which was extended to18 in1985 making it probably one of the most demanding links courses to play golf in Moray located inthe North of Scotland. Most fairways are jealously guarded by gorse and broom, adding an additional challenge to members and visitors alike.
For those who have not played a round of golf at Hopeman you will find that although our course is only 5624 yards long it provides as good a challange as many of the more expensive clubs at half the price. What make our course stand out are many of the spectular holes that overlook the Moray Firth and we are proud to praise our signature hole, the Prieshach, voted as on of the best Par 3s in Scotland (by Sky Golf ), on the tee golfers face a panoramic view of the Moray Firth, where often you can observe local dolphins having fun in the Firth below. The all year round excellent condition of the course greens which run true, and many of the fairways defined by gorse bush when in bloom provides a spectacular backdrop of colour as well as a trap for those errant shots make it a delight to play.
A warm welcome awaits in the clubhouse whether before or after your round or even if you are passing and feeling a bit peckish what is better than freshly cooked homemade food for you there is something for everyone.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Predominantly links course originally a nine hole course, this was extended to18 in1985. Many of the fairways are lined by gorse bush which when in bloom provides a spectacular backdrop of colour as well as a trap for those errant shots make it a delight to play.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5624yds from the white tees
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: In the clubhouse there is the The Mashie Niblick restaurant which caters for parties and outings and has a full range of buffet options.
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available in the Mashie Niblick restaurant
- Changing Facilities: Yes, for members and visitors
- Shower Facilities: Shower rooms for members and visitors
- Pro-Shop: Small shop sells golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire but it is best to pre-book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: There is a practice area
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green laid to the same standard as the greens on the course
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning