Golf Course Road
Grantown on Spey
Phone: + 44 (0)1479 872079
In Their Words ...........
The Club was formed in 1890 and a nine hole course was laid out by A.C. Brown, a golf professional. In 1911 this was extended to 18 holes to a design by Willie Park, of Musselburgh. In 1921, James Braid was asked to advise on improvements to the course and the changes he recommended were incorporated and remain to the present day. From a humble beginning the clubhouse has also evolved over the years and in 1999 a major extension and refurbishment was carried out to upgrade it to the very best modern standard.
As part of our centenary celebrations, Arnold Palmer was invited to become an Honorary Member of the club. In recognition of his unique contribution to professional golf worldwide and his friendship with Bobby Cruickshank the club were delighted that he accepted.
Situated in the Cairngorms National Park the course though not long presents a fair challenge for every calibre of golfer. The course itself is naturally split into three sections, 1 to 6 are flat parkland holes, 7 to 12 aremoderately hilly woodland and 13 to 18 are undulating parkland. Magnificent views of the Cairngorm Mountains and an abundance of wildlife makes Grantown on Spey Golf Club a must visit.
Our clubhouse sits in tranquil settings looking onto the Cairngorms and the Cromdale hills providing the ideal place to come and eat, drink and relax. We offer a social membership so you can enjoy our club facilities year on year. Our club is an ideal venue for birthday parties, social events and golfing societies. The Club is fully licensed and has large lounge and dining area and offers generous space for parties and special requirements. .
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A combination of Parkland, Moorland and Woodland. Some parts are moderately hilly but nothing severe. The course is presented magnificently with the odd tell tale signs of the abundant wild life. All around the course there is the spectacular backdrop of the Cairngorms and Cromdale hills.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5710 yards from the white tees, although the course is not too long it still represents a fair challenge for every calibre of golfer
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Visitors and members alike are well provided for with a well stocked bar and all day catering. From the early morning roll for the visiting party to the afternoon meal you will enjoy the good food on offer.
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available from the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities available in the clubhouse locker room
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors use
- Pro-Shop: Well appointed pro shop stocking all of the top branded golf equipment and clothing. The experienced professional provides golf club repairs and fitting, tuition is also available for those game changing tweaks you might need.
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire, powakaddy battery powered trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: There are two practice areas one for short game next to the clubhouse and a long game practice area running alongside the 2nd fairway.
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning