Phone: + 44 (0) 1542 840685
In Their Words ...........
Cullen is a traditional Scottish links course with magnificent views over the Moray Firth where dolphins are regularly seen. The club was founded in 1870 and the first nine holes were laid out by old Tom Morris. It was upgraded to 18 holes by Charlie Neaves.
Matthew Moore of Golf Monthly played the course in June 2004 and the following comments were published in Golf Monthly in October 2004. “In the far north eastern corner of Scotland is a course like no other. Cullen in Moray—at just 4,597 yards and par 63 - is the epitomy of ‘quirky’.
Cullen is holiday golf in a holiday setting, the idyllic bay and white sprawling beach form majestic surroundings for a tiny links founded as long ago as 1870 and designed by none other than Old Tom Morris. The unbridled thrill of the course lies in its par 3s. A quartet of short holes from the 11th to the 14th is the highlight of back nine and each features Cullen’s signature landmark - the 80ft. Boar Crag. The 12th and 13th are the most exiting, playing directly over this rusty red colossus, which completely blocks the greens from view. You could easily play twice without entertaining thoughts of the 19th on this immaculately kept course.
When you do tire of this uncomplicated and refreshing layout, head into the clubhouse for a bowl of “Cullen Skink”, the creamy white chowder for which the region is famed - you’ll find it as Pleasantly surprising as the golf course
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Links, Designed by Old Tom Morris
- Number Of Holes: 18 (Some spectacular par 3's)
- Yardage: 4597 yds, Even has a 510 yd par 5
- Par: 63
- Bar/Restaurant: Full bar and catering services available
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu from the bar
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Shower facilities available for visitors use
- Pro-Shop: N/A
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs are available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: N/A
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning