154 Turnhouse Road
Phone: +44 (0)131 339 1014
In Their Words ...........
Turnhouse Golf Club is located on the west side of Edinburgh, close to Edinburgh International Airport, with excellent views of the Pentland Hills to the south and Fife and the Ochills to the north, two loops of 9 holes starting and finishing in front of the clubhouse. A must for any golfing traveller visiting the Capital.
At Turnhouse there is a record of turf dykes about three feet high being built forty or fifty yards from the tee across some fairways and in January 1908 an instruction was issued to remove steps over the walls and have gaps made in their place. Gradually however, sand bunkers were introduced and when James Braid redesigned the course in 1927, his strong preference for strategically placed bunkers heralded the end of walls as hazards. The course was reshaped and lengthened in 1950 when the current 7th and 8th holes were added. It is now a par 69 with a standard scratch rating of 70 over 6060 yards.
Set across Lennie Hill, the course offers a magnificent 360 degree sweep of views to the mountains of the Highlands in the north, the River Forth in the east, the Pentland Hills in the south and the now grass covered shale bings of Broxburn in the west.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6060 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering service available in the bar, main lounge and dining room
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, limited amount best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: 10 bay driving range and two short game areas including four practice bunkers
- Putting Practice: Two practice putting greens
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning