Phone: +44 (0)131 665 2005
In Their Words ...........
The 5 times Open Champion James Braid, who, in his later years became a renowned golf course architect, designed the new course. He designed a championship standard course, which at 6725 yards long is a true test of golf for even the most accomplished golfer. Over the years the course has hosted many amateur championships and on two occasions the Scottish Professional Championship. It has the distinction of being a Regional Open Championship Qualifying course for Scotland until 2010 and in 2013 a Local Final Qualifying venue for THE OPEN at Muirfield.
Musselburgh is a top class championship course designed by James Braid in 1938. The length from the championship tees is a testing 6725 yards and with a par 71, SSS 72 it is a quality test of golf. Built round a bend of the river Esk, it has relatively flat tree-lined yet generous fairways. The Craigie burn meanders over some fairways giving golfers the option of laying up short or going for the green. To have any hope of conquering this course you have to be able to keep the ball in play while still being long off the tee.
Although it is not easy, it is still a very enjoyable course to play, which is proven by the fact that many visitors return time after time.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, James Braid designed championship course. Built round a bend of the river Esk, it has relatively flat tree-lined yet generous fairways
- Number Of Holes: 18 There are no visitor tee time's available on Saturday's
- Yardage: 6725 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Two bars and restaurant provide full catering facilities
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available from the Bar
- Changing Facilities: Visitors changing rooms with secure lockers
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available, no driving range
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning