111 Swanston Road
Phone: +44 (0)131 445 2239
In Their Words ...........
Swanston Golf Club was founded in 1927 as a Ladies-only course but due to demand from the Lady members’ partners it was soon opened up to men and extended to 18 holes in 1928. The course generally did not change until 2006 when work began on seven new holes which opened for play in March 2009. The current clubhouse was opened in 2007.
In April 2016 we will have a new improved layout of our 18 hole course by incorporating two of the best holes from the old Lothianburn golf course. Swanston also has the 9 hole Templar Course, fantastic practice area and chipping and putting areas. Situated at the foot of the Pentland Hills the course boasts wonderful views across Edinburgh, Fife and beyond.
The Club has a beautiful, modern family friendly spacious clubhouse which is open to non members too, serving delicious food and a variety of beers and wines. So whether you’re looking for a breath-taking game of golf with amazing views over the City of Edinburgh or just a coffee, please do come and pay Swanston a visit.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Hillside-Moorland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5584 yds
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: Fine food at the Swanston Lounge and bar Bar
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro-shop, with leading brands golf gear
- Golf Club Hire: Taylor Made Golf Clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, pre-book to guarantee availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys only available to hire
- Practice Area: 350 yard driving range and Indoor practice net
- Putting Practice: 3 USGA specification practice putting/chipping greens
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning