6 Priestfield Road North
Phone: +44 (0)131 667 9665
In Their Words ...........
The James Braid designed Prestonfield golf course is nestled below the stunning backdrop of Arthur’s seat in a former deer estate in Edinburgh, set in beautiful parkland within the heart of Scotland’s capital city, and is located a mere one and a half miles from the bustle of Princes Street.
With the imposing backdrop and mature trees, you would be forgiven for thinking the course was set in a country estate rather than only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh city centre. The views alone make Prestonfield a must visit, but the challenging 6200 yard course is also a gem. It is one of the longer in the city centre, yet is still a gentle walk with no severe gradients.
James Braid, one of the most famous names in golf, created the present layout. The course is a testing par 70 of 6207 the character of which lies in the amount of long testing par 4s that can vary greatly depending on wind direction and strength. The undulating ground at the top end of the course adds another dimension in shot making, whilst the mature trees in the middle section of the course contrast dramatically with the more open aspects of the lower part of the course.
An extensive tree planting programme over the last ten years has improved the definition of many holes, and at the same time created more problems for those choosing to leave the fairway.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland situated next to Arthurs Seat, mixture of undulating ground and mature trees
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6207 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Full bar and catering facilities available
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning