35 Abbey Road
Phone: + 44 (0)131 663 1819
In Their Words ...........
Newbattle Golf Club boasts a Harry Colt designed parkland course, with its mature 18 holes, tree lined fairways, strategically placed bunkers and quite exceptional quality greens which are renowned throughout the Lothians. The number of championships which are played over Newbattle are testimony to the quality of our course.
The course, which offers a fair challenge to every golfer, is a 5912 yard par 69 laid out within the historic policies of the famous Newbattle Abbey and along the north and south ridges of the River Esk. The historic 15th century Maidens Brig which is a wonderful scheduled monument in itself and one of only two of its kind in the UK, played a part in Scotlands history, leads you from the 2nd to the 3rd hole. The first two holes and the last two holes of the course are laid out along a ridge on which the Clubhouse stands and on the lower ground along the River Esk. The remainder of the course is on higher ground on the opposite side of the river which is crossed by the centuries old Maiden Bridge.
The course is enclosed on every side by woods, which, particularly in the Autumn, are a delight to the eye and contribute to an atmosphere of seclusion.The club is in a truly wonderful setting and is a "must play" for anyone visiting Edinburgh and the Lothians
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mature parkland course
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5912 yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Full catering in the bar and lounge
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu from the bar
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro-shop with all the leading brands golf gear
- Golf Club Hire: Limited supply of Golf Clubs to hire, best to pre-book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available but best to pre-book to guarantee
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys are available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning