231 Braid Road
Phone: + 44 (0)131 447 5185
In Their Words ...........
Founded in 1892, Mortonhall is the oldest course in the City of Edinburgh over which golf is still played and is regarded as one of Scotland’s premier clubs. With its immaculate greens and fairways, lined with mature trees and whin-covered outcrops, boasting unrivalled scenic views across Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth and the Pentland Hills. The club has hosted the Scottish Amateur Stroke Play and the Scottish Youths Tournaments.
Just 4 miles south of Edinburgh Castle itself, Mortonhall Golf Course is a must for any keen golfer visiting the historic City of Edinburgh and offers some of the best golf in Scotland. We welcome visitors to our course and to use our superb clubhouse throughout the week. The course is a superb championship test of 6530 yards, par 72 for men and 5636 yards, par 73 for ladies and is a fair, but challenging test of golf. The superb drainage makes play possible for 52 weeks of the year.
There is a first class clubhouse where our in house catering team will ensure you will enjoy a fine meal or just a snack in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Mixture of Parkland and Moorland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6530 yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: Yes
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Showers available
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro-shop with all the leading brands golf gear
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Trolleys are available to hire, power available must be pre-booked
- Practice Area: No practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning