297 Gilmerton Road
Phone: +44 (0)131 664 3009
In Their Words ...........
Liberton Golf course which opened in the summer of 1920 and started life as a nine hole course lies 5 miles south east of Edinburgh. In its present form to-day the course has eighteen holes covering 82 acres of undulating parkland. Since being opened in 1920 Liberton has enjoyed equal rights for both gents and lady golfers.
The course is a rolling parkland course in the south east of Edinburgh, the fairways are tight and the greens are relatively small but, well guarded. A recent large-scale tree planting project has generated significant benefits for the course. Several holes were lengthened or reshaped as well, t the same time, new fairway bunkers added to the difficulty. As the young trees mature, the course changes in nature year on year.
Liberton Golf course can offer an enjoyable and testing round of golf for all levels of golfer.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, tight fairways and the greens are relatively small but, well guarded
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5344 yds
- Par: 67
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering facilities available in the clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: N/A
- Practice Area: Practice nets and a chipping green
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning