Phone: + 44 (0) 131 333 1845
e-mail: Book Online
Website: Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club
In Their Words ...........
Dalmahoy is a renowned world-class golf venue with two very different, but equally inspiring courses. The legendary course designer James Braid created the East and West Courses at Dalmahoy to offer contrasting challenges for golfers of all abilities.
East Course In 2005, the prestigious East Course completed a £1 million redevelopment and is now a true championship venue once more. The course is a monster at over 7,400 yards, however for corporate events and members' competitions, it is set at a more manageable 6,684 yards. The East Course has hosted major championships such as the Solheim Cup in 1992, the Scottish PGA Championship on numerous occasions and the Scottish Seniors Open in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
West Course The West Course is the shorter of the two courses at Dalmahoy. However, the par 68 course still offers a superb challenge because of its tight fairways and small greens that demand accuracy from every player.
After a day on the course, refresh your spirits in the James Braid Bar overlooking the West Course in the Dalmahoy Country Club. Light lunches are available in the Country Club Café Bar next door. You can also make your way over to the hotel cocktail lounge next to the award-winning Pentland Restaurant that features fresh local game and seafood.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: East Course - the monster that is the Championship East Course Nicknamed ‘The Beast’ this course is a true challenge for even the very best golfers demanding a combination of raw power and a precise short game to be able to score. The fairways are wide and mostly forgiving (save for a few cunningly placed bunkers by Mr Braid), so you’re able to open the shoulders and really go for it on most tees. The greens are large and receptive, meaning you should have a large target to aim at if you can keep the ball in play off the tee.
- Coursetype: West Course - Like the East this is a parkland course, a perfect complement to its bigger brother. The West Course has an excellent mix of challenging holes which will test your accuracy off the tee and your short game around the greens.
- Number Of Holes: Both courses are 18 holes
- Yardage: East Course white tee 7055 yds, West course white tee 5168 yds
- Par: East white tee 74, West white tee 69
- Bar/Restaurant: James Braid Bar & Brasserie, upstairs you will find a range of dining options on offer from breakfast rolls and Starbucks coffee in the morning to more substantial meals for lunch or dinner.
- Drinks/Snacks: Light snacks available in the Country Club Cafe Bar
- Changing Facilities: There are ladies and gents changing rooms which have large lockers to store valuables.
- Shower Facilities: Showers are available for you to make use of before or after your round. Towels are available from Leisure reception, so no need to bring your own.
- Pro-Shop: The Golf Shop stocks a wide variety of branded merchandise and golf apparel which are ideal as a gift, souvenir or if you’ve forgotten to bring a piece of kit with you for your game. If you’d like a few pointers to get you started or to address a certain area of your game, the resident PGA Professional is on hand to give one-to-one lessons.
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Driving Range on the site
- Putting Practice: Putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning