Craigmillar Park Golf Club
1 Observatory Road
Coursetype: A hillside Parkland course with tree lined undulating fairways. Close to Edinburgh City Centre a great destination for golf with little intrusive sounds of traffic.
Number Of Holes: 18
Yardage: From the white tees 5825 yards
Bar/Restaurant: The spacious clubhouse provides excellent bar and catering facilities with beautiful views of the course from the lounge
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors use
Scorecard and layout
Craigmillar Park Golf Club Scorecard. Click or Tap Image to see full size
Pro-Shop: The pro shop is fully stocked with a selection of current clothing and the very latest leading brands in golf clubs and golf equipment
Golf Club Hire: Sets of Titleist golf clubs available to hire
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
Practice Area: Two practice areas one for chip and pitch and the other for long irons
Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
In their Words…….
If you would like to play a golf course that is close to the centre of Edinburgh yet within the Green belt, with fantastic views down the coast of East Lothian and across the Firth to Fife, where you won’t hear the intrusive sounds of traffic and are likely to spot deer, then look no further than Craigmillar Park Golf Club.
A long-established Edinburgh Golf Club, inaugurated in 1895, it moved to its present location in 1927, where the original 9 holes were designed by James Braid. The course measures 5825 yards, par 70 for men and 5312 yards, par 72 for Ladies and is a fair and very enjoyable test for any level of golfer.
James Braid, one of ‘The Great Triumverate’ of reknowned golfers of the early 20th century, was engaged to both consult and advise on the design of the new holes and, in addition, recommend appropriate changes to the original layout. The new enlarged course officially started play in May 1927.Craigmillar Park Golf Club