55 Baberton Avenue
Phone: + 44 (0) 131 453 4911
Website: Baberton Golf Club
In Their Words ...........
Baberton’s James Braid designed golf course is close to Edinburgh Airport and the city centre. Our beautiful yet challenging 18 hole, par 70 course lies on gently undulating terrain with spectacular views in all directions making it one of Edinburgh’s best golf courses.
The course was initially laid out in 1893 by Willie Park Junior, a two-times Open Champion. It was later reconstructed by James Braid, a Scottish professional golfer and a member of the Great triumvirate of the sport alongside Harry Vardon and John Henry Taylor.
Braid won The Open Championship five times and was a renowned golf course architect. As a result Baberton is a challenging and beautiful layout on undulating terrain with spectacular views of the Pentland Hills to the south, the Ochil Hills and Forth Bridges to the north, and Edinburgh Castle and the Edinburgh skyline to the east.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland course with undulating terrain and spectacular views
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6116 yds, check website, construction work taking place.
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and Restaurant provide full catering facilites
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu provided
- Changing Facilities: Secure changing room facilities, male and femail
- Shower Facilities: Showers available, towels provided
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked Pro Shop, with all the leading manufacturers gear
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, must be pre-booked to guarantee
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Putting green unavailable due to construction work
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning