55 Cleland Road
Phone: + 44 (0) 1698 357480
In Their Words ...........
Wishaw Golf Club was founded in 1894 at a meeting in the cookery rooms of Wishaw Public school. A short course was laid out at that time around the area of greenhead road, records from the Wishaw press confirm this with a report on an inter club match against Carluke Golf Club, held in 1894.
The club moved to the present course and clubhouse site in 1935, the clubhouse and car park was purchased from Lord Belhaven in 1936 and the main area of the course was purchased later from Lord Belhaven in 1953, the course was laid out in 1935 by James Braid a prominent golfer and course designer. Wishaw is, quite possibly, one of the best value golf courses in Scotland and not to be missed!.
Measuring 5999 yards from the white tees with a standard scratch of 69 the Course is renowned for its excellent condition with many tree lined fairways and good views of the local area. There are many natural hazards that have to be avoided if you are to put together a good score, but that's just part of the fun at Wishaw. Tree lines fairways, tricky par 3's, fast greens and no fewer than 17 of our greens protected by bunkers. If your short game is experiencing problems you could be in for a tough time.
The clubhouse was originally a coach house servicing horse coach travellers from Glasgow to Edinburgh, as Golf became more popular in the 1960’s many additions were added to the clubhouse with a major development in 1979, the latest development resulted in a refurbishment and upgrade of all parts of the clubhouse which was completed in 2004.
The character of Wishaw extends right through the course to its clubhouse, where a warm and friendly welcome awaits you. Come in and sample our hospitality, have a drink and a meal in the pleasant surroundings which are all there for your enjoyment.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland course designed by the legendary golf course architect and former Open champion James Braid. There are many natural hazards that have to be avoided if you are to put together a good score, tree lined fairways, tricky par 3's, fast greens and no fewer than 17 greens are protected by bunkers. If your short game is experiencing problems you could be in for a tough time.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 5999yds
- Par: 69
- Bar/Restaurant: The Caddyshak provides a variety of options where a warm and friendly welcome awaits. Have a drink and a meal in the pleasant surroundings which are all there for your enjoyment.
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available from the Caddyshak
- Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms have a changing area.
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Professional shop is fully stocked with a wide range of accessories,equipment,clothing, clubs, repairs or tuition.
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning