2 Morris Drive
Phone: + 44 (0) 1698 735160
Contact Form: http://www.torranceparkgolf.co.uk/contact.php
In Their Words ...........
The course was designed by the renown golf course architect Dave Thomas whose projects have included work at The Belfry, Terre Blanche in France and the San Roque Golf Club in Spain. Torrance Park Golf Course shares similarities with his other Scottish courses which include, Spey Valley, The Roxburghe and Cardrona with its use of well shaped holes, large bunkers and water hazards which encourage golfers to adopt strategies based on their own level of ability. The tees and greens are built to USGA specifications and provide a consistent high quality playing surface.
Torrance Park Golf Course provides an enjoyable test of golf for golfers of all ability. The 18 hole par 71 course extends to over 6100 yards over the gently undulating moorland setting of North Lanarkshire. All the clubs in a golfer's bag will be tested; challenging tee shots which on some holes need long accurate drives and on the shorter Par 3′s finely balanced iron shots, the fairways require intelligent strategic play and the gently undulating greens provide a test for golfers of all ability. The course provides a variety of experiences, on some holes there are great long distance view over the surrounding area and others wind through woodland settings.
The site forms part of the local green belt and areas of the site provide varied environmental habitats for local wildlife and birdlife. Over the years the site has seen a range of mining and other industrial activities and the construction of the golf course has helped to protect and enhance the local environment. The legacy of the site's industrial past has presented challenges to the golf course and the process of restoring the environment to its original moorland condition is ongoing and can be seen in drainage works and other similar programs.
Full catering and dining for visiting parties in the clubhouse
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: This moorland/parkland combination course provides a variety of experiences, on some holes there are great long distance view over the surrounding area and others wind through woodland settings.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6151yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: A full catering service is available with High Tea or Dinner served in the Dining Room.
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day.
- Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms offer first class lockers and changing area.
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: N/A
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: N/A
- Trolley Hire: Pull trollies are available for hire
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: N/A
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning