223 Sandyhills Road
Phone: + 44 (0) 141 778 1179
Contact Form: www.sandyhillsgolfclub.co.uk/contactform.aspx
In Their Words ...........
The clubhouse and the course were officially opened on Saturday 5th May 1906. The Captain Mr John Adam played the opening shot on the course and Mrs J.H.Cassels opened the clubhouse. The course was rather restricted in size and soon the area South of the Battle Burn was leased from Mr Smith Sligo of Inzievar Estates. This increased the area of the course to over 80 Acres, the extension being opened on Saturday 9th September 1911. Eventually all the leased ground of the course was purchased and on Whitsunday, June 1927, the final documents were signed for the buying of the complete course.
Theodore Moon, a well known golf writer wrote some years ago that the course was " like a piece of Old Troon that has been set down some four miles East of George Square".
Our course is a beautiful challenging 18 hole parkland setting situated in Glasgow's East End near Mount Vernon and just 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre, that offers a very fair test to golfers of all abilities. The course is well maintained and challenging for players at all levels.
The Clubhouse, with its modern facilities, is spacious and bright and provides a comfortable area to relax and enjoy a stunning view of our golf course and beyond. We have bar and catering facilities available to both members and visitors. A warm welcome will always await you and we will do all we can to ensure your visit to Sandyhills is a most enjoyable experience.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A mature parkland golf course with tree lined fairways which hides the fact you are playing golf in a built up area. The Battle Burn comes in to play on a number of holes so placement and strategy is a must.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6189 yards
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: The Clubhouse is large with spacious traditional lounges. Enjoy a meal while you take in the stunning views of the course and beyond. Catering is available in both the Main Lounge and Dining Room Tuesday to Sunday, the perfect area to relax before and after your round of golf.
- Drinks/Snacks: Enjoy some refreshments from the bar and perhaps some snacks
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities provided in the large locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors, towels are provided
- Pro-Shop: N/A
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire they are limited in quantity and pre booking is required
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available
- Practice Area: N/A
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning