Phone: + 44 (0) 1236 872632
In Their Words ...........
Mount Ellen Golf Club was formed in 1904 with the first AGM held on 20th November 1904 in Muirhead Public Hall. Around 1920 local steelwork firm Smith & McLean purchased the land of Auldyards farm and leasing to the Golf Club. The purchase of the land allowed the course to be extended to 18 holes with the opening ceremony taking place on Saturday 20th May 1920 . By this time the membership stood at 231 Gents, and 150 Ladies and Youths.
The club celebrated its centenary in 2004 and competed against Kirkcaldy G.C who also celebrated their centenary that year, with home and away team matches for the Centenary Cup.
The new clubhouse constructed in 2008 brings the members back to the original clubhouse location following our short sojourn to Johnstone House. With the clubhouse located in the centre of the course it now commands 360o panoramic views of the course and the Campsie Hills.
The members bar and the function suite are bright and colourful rooms situated on the 1st floor of the clubhouse, both enjoy breathtaking views and sunsets over the golf courses and the Campsie Hills beyond. It is the perfect location to complete your day's golf, have a meal and take some refreshments.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A parkland course that provides a tricky challenge to all levels of golfers with the key being accuracy rather than distance. The tree lined fairways provide a calm peaceful surrounding. The small well manicured greens are well protected by many bunkers and course management plays a vital role in your round.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 5426yds
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: The new modern layout provides first class facilities. The two storey layout consists of a spacious lounge and dining areas on the first floor where you can dine and have a drink after your round. From within the lounge there are panoramic views of the course and uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside.
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day.
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse changing rooms for men and women, no changing in the car park
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all the leading brands equipment, apparel and golf essentials. An extensive Custom Fitting program is available the Pro Shop is an Authorised Ping Custom Fit centreand operates extensive club repair service from spike fitting, re-gripping clubs and mending those broken shafts, all of which are competitively priced
- Golf Club Hire: No golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, limited amount of battery power trollies available to hire probably best to pre book
- Practice Area: No practice area
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning