Kirkhill Golf Club
0141 641 8499
Coursetype: A scenic parkland course with a gentle incline at first then flattens out. The fairways are lined with mature trees and with strategically placed bunkers this is a test for all levels of golfer
Number Of Holes: 18
Yardage: From the white tees 6030 yards
Bar/Restaurant: The spacious clubhouse provides excellent bar and catering facilities to members and the many visitors
Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day
Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visitor
Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors use
Scorecard and layout
Pro-Shop: The pro shop offers a wide selection of current clothing and the very latest leading brands in golf clubs and golf equipment
Golf Club Hire: Unknown
Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire best to pre book to ensure availability
Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
Practice Area: Practice area available
Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
In their Words…….
Kirkhill Golf Club was founded in 1910 from some former members of Cambuslang Colf Club. The Club house was built as a dwelling house, just in case the new venture did not work out. The founders certainly had some vision, energy and only four years after the founding of the club they arranged an exhibition golf match which was held in June 1914. The legendary golfer Harry Vardon, 6 times Open champion played with George Duncan who also won the Open in 1920.
The original clubhouse opened in May 1911 at a cost of £1,600, a fitting home for a club having between 500 and 600 members. The building was in red sandstone and consisted of two storeys and attics.
The ground floor consisted of a gentlemen’s smoking room adjacent to the refreshment bar, cloakroom whilst gentlemen’s boxes occupied the right wings. Upstairs housed the tea room, kitchen, scullery besides ladies’ sitting room and ladies boxes.
The top flat contained the greenkeeper’s house of two rooms and kitchen.In 2003 the membership agreed to proceed with a sale of land and the old Clubhouse and a bank loan and consequently the current Clubhouse was built in 2004 at a cost of £1.4M and opened by Sandy Jones, Chief Executive of the PGA on 26th March 2005.Kirkhill Golf Club