Phone: 01236 843015
In Their Words ...........
The Club was founded in 1922 as a result of the post-war boom in the game and the enthusiasm of a few local stalwarts. Its beginning was a modest one, a wooden Army hut serving as a Clubhouse and the course comprising nine holes in the parkland of Easter Moffat. The course was extended to 18 holes in 1945, and as membership has grown, the layout has been further developed and improved.
Located 2 miles east of Airdrie, Easter Moffat is rightly regarded as a challenging golf course, with good views across to the Campsie and Ochil hills. The course has a number of interesting holes, and the 12th is widely regarded as the toughest par 4 in the county. An ambitious programme of course improvements over the last 10 years has led to Easter Moffat acquiring a reputation as one of the best golf courses in Lanarkshire. The signature 18th hole, played from an elevated tee to the green in front of the clubhouse, is a memorable finishing hole. Although a good test of golf, Easter Moffat is forgiving, and is an ideal challenge for the average golfer.
The Clubhouse is a listed building and appears to have been built in 1838. It has been extended over the years and many improvements have been carried out so that it now provides a comfortable setting in which to relax after a round of golf. We have all the facilities to make a visit truly memorable - a comfortable and well appointed bar serving snacks and meals. We welcome individual visitors to the club, however due of the number of competitions we hold, and the number of our own members who play at weekends, play by visitors is limited to midweek only.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A beautiful rolling parkland course moulded to the shape of the prevailing countryside with a number of mature tree lined fairways. This course offers golfers incredible views across to the Campsie Hills and the Ochil Hills and a fair test to all levels of golfer
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 6267yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Inside the clubhouse which is a listed building you will find a comfortable and well appointed bar serving snacks and meals.
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snacks and sandwiches are available all day.
- Changing Facilities: The Ladies and Gents locker rooms provide changing facilities for the visiting golfer
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: The Pro Shop offers a wide range of goods, all the top manufacturer's clubs can be custom fitted to the individual. As well as the range of leading brands clothing they also offer a club repair service, re-gripping clubs and re-fitting all types of shafts, all of which are held in stock.
- Golf Club Hire: N/A
- Buggy Hire: N/A
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available for hire
- Practice Area: Limited practice facilities available for the visitor
- Putting Practice: Practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning