Phone: + 44 (0) 141 634 6605
In Their Words ...........
The brilliant Tom Watson once said a great golf course not only frees but challenges a golfer’s mind and the stunning setting of Cathkin Braes offers the perfect environment to do both. Sitting more than 650 feet above sea level and offering panoramic views over Glasgow to the Campsies and the Arran Hills to the west, the course more than lives up to its majestic location.
Founded in 1888 and later redesigned by the acclaimed James Braid, it is the oldest golf course in Glasgow. The 6209-yard, par 71, moorland course is, despite its name, relatively flat but there are some tricky tree-lined holes, such as the par-3 fifth where you must overcome a loch to reach the well-protected green.
Although situated only five miles from the centre of Glasgow, it is in the middle of the countryside and widely regarded as one of the best inland courses in the West of Scotland.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Relatively flat moorland course but some tricky tree-lined holes
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6200 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Full Bar and Catering facilities
- Drinks/Snacks: Bar snack menu
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Showers with towels provided
- Pro-Shop: Fully stocked pro shop with all leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf Clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available but best to pre book to guarantee
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys only are available
- Practice Area: Large 20 acre practice ground within 30yds of first tee
- Putting Practice: Large putting green, also a chipping green with bunkers
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning