1 Main Street
Phone: +(0) 1555 840251
In Their Words ...........
Carnwath Golf Club was founded in 1907 on a piece of land called Gallow Hill, situated to the west of the village of Carnwath. The 9 hole course was laid out by Mr W, Auchterlonie of St Andrew's and opened by Lady Lockhart, the wife of Sir Simon M Lockhart, Honorary President of the club and laird of the estates, on 29th June 1907.
The course was extended to 18 holes in May 1922 and by 1936 was visited by more than 3000 golfers annually. With the acquisition of a further 20 acres south of the course, it's layout was again redesigned by G M Clark, club champion, and the new layout opened in July 1963. The rural setting of the Golf Club, is easily accessible from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, making it a popular venue for visitors.
Renowned for their hospitality the staff and members will make your visit both, pleasant and enjoyable.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5953 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and Catering available
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop stocked with all the golfers essentials
- Golf Club Hire: No golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys only available for hire, no power carts
- Practice Area: No
- Putting Practice: Putting practice green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning