Phone: + (0) 1698 801971
In Their Words ...........
Our club’s accessibility and excellent facilities makes Bothwell Castle GC a popular choice for members and visiting golfers alike, individual golfers and visiting parties are welcome on weekdays throughout the year. Only 10 miles from the centre of Glasgow, our proximity to the M8, M74 and A725 allows easy access from Edinburgh, Stirling and other areas of Central Scotland.
Officially opened in 1923 the course was designed by a Mr Adam from Glasgow. Although always 18 holes, the golf course we have today bears little resemblance to the one first laid out. Significant changes over the years have included the introduction of 7 new holes in 1973 and the building of a new clubhouse in a new position in 2004. More changes introduced in 2014 and current development plans will ensure it will be a Central Scotland ‘must play’ course in years to come.
Surrounded by trees, Bothwell Castle is a mature parkland golf course with tree lined manicured fairways, strategically positioned open ditches and bunkering, with quality greens to provide sufficient challenges for golfers of all levels of ability. Easily walkable, the course is flat with only minor undulations. At 6224yds off the medal tees the par 70 course is just above the average length for a Scottish golf course. The course is 5955yds from the yellow tees and 5394 from the red tees. Our signature holes are the par 3 eighth with its bunker surrounded green and the delightful par 5 eighteenth with its sloping green protected by a pond and open ditch, for those enticed to go for it in two.
Bothwell Castle Golf club is fortunate in having one of the best modern clubhouse facilities in Scotland providing a range of options for you to relax and feel at home in spacious surroundings.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype:Parkland, flat course with mature trees framing many of its fairways and excellent greens.
- Number Of Holes:18
- Yardage:6224 yds
- Bar/Restaurant:Full bar and dining available in the Lounge and dining room
- Drinks/Snacks:The Spike bar an informal area to eat and drink without having to remove golf shoes
- Changing Facilities:Yes
- Shower Facilities: N/A
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs are available to hire, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice facilities available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information:Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning