Golf Course Road
Phone: + 44 (0) 1997 421219
In Their Words ...........
Strathpeffer Spa Golf Club was founded in 1888 during a period when the Spa was gaining in popularity as a health resort. Play was originally over 9 holes but in 1896 the Club resolved that it be extended to 18 holes. It lies in Ulladale among the hills on land belonging to the the Cromartie Estate, five minutes walk uphill from Strathpeffer village square. One of the original course designers was "the grand old man of golf" Tom Morris of St Andrews. In more recent times Peter Allis has described the course as a jewel in the Highlands of Scotland.
The 1980s heralded more improvements with the conversion of an old peat bog into a modern irrigation pond. New paths were laid across the course and a car park built at number 9 green to make it easier for elderly or infirm members and visitors to reach the top of the course.
In situation and scenery Strathpeffer Spa Golf Club is unique among Scottish golf courses. Most hazards are natural with 4 ponds coming into play. Fast sloping greens mean that very few bunkers are required and the course plays much more difficult than the 5001 yards (par 67) would suggest. Don’t expect to overpower this course with long hitting – the winner at Strathpeffer will always be the accurate player!
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: This is a remarkably fine mature parkland course with stunning panoramic views.This Tom Morris layout makes full use of the hilly topography, not an easy walking course but buggies are available to use. Do not be deceived by the relatively short yardage.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 5001 yards
- Par: 67
- Bar/Restaurant: The Clubhouse has a bar and catering, though the catering is not always available all day. Sit and relax in the lounge overlooking a beautiful view of the Cromarty Firth
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Changing available in the clubhouse locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors
- Pro-Shop: Limited quantity of golf essentials available from the clubhouse shop
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire but pre book to ensure availability
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, limited amount of battery power trollies available to hire probably best to pre book
- Practice Area: Chipping area available
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning