Phone: + 44 (0) 1479 811725
In Their Words ...........
Designed by Dave Thomas and host of the European Challenge Tour's Scottish Hydro Challenge from 2009 to 2015, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort combines the challenging aspects of the sport with the unique Highlands environment, making the course an ideal venue for high-profile golf tournaments and charity fundraisers. The Spey Valley Championship Golf Course is an 18-hole, par 72 course that meanders through ancient Caledonian pine forests and along the banks of the sparkling River Spey.
Some of our holes are famous for their outstanding natural beauty; our 5th hole boasts the longest hole in Scotland (at 635 yards) and our 6th spans a lake which has been adopted as a nesting site by a bird colony. When you reach the 12th at the start of the home stretch, the Spey Valley opens up before you like a film set, whilst the 16th presents a real challenge for even the most experienced golfer. You'll need a long, accurate tee shot to carry the water hazard and the flowering purple heather is standing by to punish a poor shot. However, the most spectacular of all has to be the 18th; with its two bunkers designed to mirror the undulating corries of the mountains beyond, this is our raison d'être.
Our golf course features beautiful scenery and unique wildlife (watch out for deer, red squirrels and osprey), Come and join us for a round or two, amongst the ancient Caledonian pine forests at our Aviemore hotels.
It is our dedication to serving only the highest quality food that makes us different. And we believe in using only the finest and freshest produce, planning to season and ensuring wherever possible UK produce comes first.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: A heathland course, The Spey Valley Championship Golf Course meanders through ancient Caledonian pine forests and along the banks of the sparkling River Spey. Featuring beautiful scenery and unique wildlife (watch out for deer, red squirrels and osprey), as well as the longest hole in Scotland at 635 yards
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 7017 yards
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: The clubhouse incorporates a bar with views to the magnificent Cairngorm Mountains for a spectacular backdrop while you enjoy a selection of meals from the menu
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Clubhouse has secure locker rooms
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors, towels are provided
- Pro-Shop: Limited quantity of golf essentials and Spey Valley Championship logo merchandise available from the clubhouse shop
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, limited amount of battery power trollies available to hire probably best to pre book
- Practice Area: Driving range and chipping area available
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning