Great North Road
Muir of Ord
Phone: + 44 (0) 1463 870825
In Their Words ...........
Party laid out by James Braid, the course dates from 1875 and is divided into two by the Inverness to Wick railway line. With play increasing over the course, the crossing of the busy road became such a hazard that three new holes were opened, making the two very short par 3 holes redundant. This led to a new 9th hole, which previously shared a fairway with the 8th hole. This also created a new 10th and 11th hole, while the 2 redundant holes have been turned into practice holes for the juniors, with funding from Club Golf.
Peter Alliss having discovered Muir of Ord Golf Club whilst exploring the Highlands researching one of his many books... “The Muir of Ord Golf Club, set in the majestic Highlands, is indeed a hidden gem. The recent changes to the course, new clubhouse and other facilities have made it well worth a visit. Many clubs in Scotland, far more famous, get written about many times in a golfing year, so courses like Muir of Ord are sometimes 'put on one side'. This should not be allowed to happen! Go ahead, pay them a visit, tell them Peter Alliss sent you, you'll enjoy it!”
At the "19th hole", relax with a refreshing drink as you reflect on your experience and make a commitment to return as a visitor or become a member of this friendly club.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Muir of Ord Golf Club is a typical heathland/moorland course which has steadily improved and lengthened throughout the years, you may be seduced by your ease of accomplishment over the first few holes but the variety of tests which follow will keep you fully engaged throughout your round.
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: From the white tees 5542 yards
- Par: 68
- Bar/Restaurant: Classic bar menu available in the clubhouse bar
- Drinks/Snacks: Full snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Changing facilities available in the clubhouse locker room
- Shower Facilities: Showers available for visitors, towels are provided
- Pro-Shop: Limited quantity of golf essentials available from the Golf Club shop
- Golf Club Hire: Golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies available to hire they are limited in number so best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull trolleys available, limited amount of battery power trollies available to hire probably best to pre book
- Practice Area: Driving range and chipping area available
- Putting Practice: Large practice putting green available
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning