Phone: +44 (0)1382 552515
In Their Words ...........
In 1923, the course was redesigned with the assistance of James Braid, one of the "Triumvirate". The course still retains many of Braid's traditional architectural features, namely large rolling greens and well positioned bunkers. Scotscraig today is largely unchanged, and presents a fair but serious challenge to all golfers.
Scotscraig is conveniently located only 15 minutes from the famous Old Course, St Andrews. Although the course doesn't sit exactly adjacent to the coastline, there are a few sea breezes to consider when playing this links, heathland mixture. Since 1984, Scotscraig has hosted the Final Open Qualifying when The Open is played over St Andrews. When the Open returned to St Andrews in 2010, Scotscraig once again hosted Final Open Qualifying.
Scotscraig Golf Club, the 13th Oldest Golf Club in the world has a clubhouse which oozes character with memorabilia displayed throughout the clubhouse for all to see.
After a round of golf on one of Scotland's finest championship golf courses, why not sit down in the unique atmosphere of the bar and have a refreshing drink and a meal. You are surrounded by history in this lovely part of the clubhouse
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Heathland, Links mixture championship course
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6310 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Dining Room overlooks the 18th green, extensive menu provided
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with the leading brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Yes, must be pre booked at the pro shop
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available but must be pre booked to guarantee
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trollies available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available, unsuitable for Driver use
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning