Phone: +44 (0)1333 423437
In Their Words ...........
Scoonie Golf Club is situated in the seaside town of Leven in the Kingdom of Fife. It is a picturesque parkland course about 15 miles from the famous Old Course in St.Andrews and enjoys panoramic views to the north over farmland and hills and to the south over the beautiful Forth estuary .
Originally opened as a 9 hole course it has been extended over the years, in 1936 land was obtained to extend the course and James Braid was employed to do the design. Scoonie Golf Club is a member of the Association of James Braid courses and the course provides sufficient challenges to maintain the interest of low handicap golfers whilst remaining within the capabilities of the higher handicappers.
There is a continual programme of development for the course to ensure that it meets modern requirements and continues to provide good golf for both Members and visitors. The current Club was formed in 1951 and is open to ladies, gentlemen and juniors and over the years has been proud to see Members develop from the Juniors ranks to become adults representing their country at international level.
Visitors are always welcome and as well as the golfing treat you can also sample the warm hospitality while enjoying the full facilities of the clubhouse, Bar and catering facilities.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, the course operated by Fife Trust, the Clubhouse private. Visitors book with starter and can use Clubhouse facilities
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5494 yds
- Par: 67
- Bar/Restaurant: Full bar and catering services through the season in the Clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes, available in the clubhouse
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: No
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: No
- Trolley Hire: Some trolleys available to hire from the starter
- Practice Area: No
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning