Phone: +44 (0)1383 722591
Pro Shop: +44 (0) 1383 723151
In Their Words ...........
The 18-hole course has a parkland nature, but it does have some holes that have links-type turf to hit off, and a crisp strike imparts some much needed control at these points. At just over 6000 yards off the medal tees, the course provides a good test of golf, without being beyond the means of the ‘average’ club golfer. A par 71 and SSS 69 (Gents) 72 (Ladies) gives everyone a fair chance of playing to their handicap on every outing.
The diversity of terrain ensures that anyone who doesn’t think their shots through properly will suffer, and without being able to see the bottom of the pin on many holes, the golfer has to be sure in his or her mind before committing to the shot. There are 9 fairways or greens where the burns are in play. The greens in recent years have been in fine condition, and, without being the speed of greens that frighten club golfers, they do roll fair and true.
The three par 5s also offer up chances of birdies. The 2nd hole is blind, but two solid hits only leaves a short approach, and the low-handicap golfer should always get close to the 18th with two good shots, especially in Summer. As with most golf courses, there is trouble to be found if you stray far enough off the fairway. Out of bounds lies to the left of the first 3 holes and the 14th, 15th, 17th and 18th. The burn in front of the par 3 3rd and 12th greens requires accuracy. The 470yd 1st and the 452yd 17th require good hits every time!
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, stay on the fairway and keep clear of the burns. Designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie the course designer for the Augusta golf course
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6032 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering facilities in the clubhouse
- Drinks/Snacks: Snacks available from the bar
- Changing Facilities: Yes, separate visitors locker room
- Shower Facilities: Yes, use own towels
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands golf equipment, tuition available for all ages and abilities
- Golf Club Hire: Yes, best to pre book
- Buggy Hire: No, buggies not available
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning