Phone: +44 (0)1333 421390
In Their Words ...........
Whilst golf has been played at Leven since 1820, the game dates back to 1846 on parts of these links with the current configuration coming into being in 1909. The history of Leven Links is, suffice to say, long and complex but what is most important is the nature of the ground upon which it is built. Local conditions of winds and tides during prehistoric times, when sea levels were falling combined to produce a series of parallel dune ridges which give Leven Links a truly unique signature.
Here at Leven Links we are proud of our traditions and true Links Golf Course with its wonderful approaches, large true running greens and one of the finest finishing holes in golf that will live long in the memory of anyone who plays it. Having been described by the editor of Golf Monthly as being “One of the best stands of bents and fescues in Scotland” you will be made most welcome for a unique golfing experience.
As Links custodians we endeavour to maintain and enhance our enduring history of producing a traditional true links golf course which challenges players of all abilities and provides an enjoyable and memorable experience at an affordable price.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Links
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 6506 yds
- Par: 71
- Bar/Restaurant: Leven Golfing Society and Leven Thistle Golf Club provide all the facilities. To arrange visit, either of their websites can be reached by going to the link below
- Drinks/Snacks: Yes, as above. Click on the website link at the bottom and this will provide links to both these clubs websites
- Changing Facilities: Yes as above
- Shower Facilities: Yes as above
- Pro-Shop: Starters office sells Balls, Tees etc, and some soft drinks
- Golf Club Hire: No
- Buggy Hire: The two clubs provide one Buggy on medical grounds only
- Trolley Hire: Both provide Trolleys to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning