Phone: +44 (0)1334 460860
In Their Words ...........
In the eighth decade of the 18th Century, at the same time as the Thirteen States were declaring their independence and the Constitution of the United States was scripted, the Merchants and Lairds of Kingsbarns drafted articles to form the Kingsbarns Golfing Society.
Golf has been enjoyed over the links land of Kingsbarns beginning in 1793. Attired in their blue coats, the Kingsbarns men met for their Spring and Autumn Meetings to challenge for the Societies medals on the links and to enjoy the conviviality of friends over dinner in the Golfers Hall. The Society continued to wager, wine and dine for decades until the Cambo Estate tenant farmer ploughed up the Links in 1850 in order to add to his farmable area. Farm land in that period was more valuable than land set aside for golf.
Golf was resurrected on Kingsbarns Links at the dawning of the 21st Century. The only Scottish course to be built on links land in over 70 years and with its seaside setting, Kingsbarns joined the great old courses of nearby St Andrews and Carnoustie, bringing with it a new dimension to the traditional Scottish game.
Our passion is to host you for a memorable round of traditional Scottish links golf. Kingsbarns Golf Links is situated 7 miles from St Andrews along 1.8 miles of picturesque North Sea coastline, where each hole embraces the sea. In addition to enjoying our Worldwide Top 100 ranked course, we hope lifelong memories of our comfortable, friendly and attentive service complete your “Kingsbarns Experience”. Kingsbarns co-hosts the annual European Tour’s Alfred Dunhill Links Championship together with the Old Course at St Andrews and Carnoustie Golf Links.
The food and beverage lounge offers visitors the opportunity to relax and unwind in comfort, choosing from over-stuffed leather armchairs to the more conventional solid top table and chairs.ntested at Kingsbarns. Carefully located within the golf playing area, it provides dramatic and panoramic views over the golf course, sea and beyond.
TripAdvisor Course Review
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Traditional Scottish championship links course
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: Championship tees 7227yds
- Par: 72
- Bar/Restaurant: The food and beverage lounge offers visitors the opportunity to relax and unwind in comfort, a menu offering freshly prepared light snacks to main course meals is available throughout the day, together with a fully licensed beverage facility. Carefully located within the golf playing area, it provides dramatic and panoramic views over the golf course, sea and beyond.
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available
- Changing Facilities: Comfortable gents and ladies locker rooms are equipped with individual lockers for storage of personal belongings and clothing.
- Shower Facilities: Shower, washroom and restroom facilities are available in both locker rooms. Towels are provided
- Pro-Shop: The golf shop contains a range of gents and ladies golfing apparel and accessories. Leading clothing brands are on offer along with quality accessories and sought after reminders of the course. The golf shop is a key part of the Kingsbarns experience with knowledgeable staff at hand to assist every guest.
- Golf Club Hire: Titleist golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: No buggies available for hire , Kingsbarns caddies are very popular and recognised as the best in Scotland for making each golfer’s round more enjoyable, particularly for first time visitors. Kingsbarns Golf Links cannot guarantee caddie availability therefore we strongly encourage an advance request for caddies when booking your golf to help avoid disappointment on the day.
- Trolley Hire: Complimentary pull trolley, There are 18 power trollies available to hire but must be pre booked
- Practice Area: The practice range at Kingsbarns complements and enhances the golfers’ visit to the course. Situated just a short walk from the 1st tee it allows golfers to practice their short and long game and bunker shots prior to teeing up on the course itself. Complimentary balls are at hand for those playing that day and a member of staff is at hand to attend golfers’ needs.
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning