Phone: 01592 872116
In Their Words ...........
Golf has been played at Burntisland in Fife since 1797 – historians suggest 1688! The original Burntisland Golf Club is officially recognised as the 10th oldest club in the world. First surveyed by Old Tom Morris, the Dodhead parkland layout of 1896 was designed by Willie Park Jnr, twice Open champion, and updated by James Braid in 1922.
Although not long, its generous fairways, lush grass and links type greens offer the visitor many different challenges and tests of shotmaking to score well – and fun too for golfers of all abilities!. At 5993 yards it is not long but even so is remarkable for the small area into which it has been squeezed. To make the most of the available land a few holes crisscross and a number of greens lie in the path of subsequent tees. A degree of alertness and care is therefore required if you are an unfamiliar visitor.
It would be perhaps be overstating the case to call Burntisland a very difficult course, but with par threes like the 3rd and 5th and par fours like the 10th and 11th careful course management is required. One thing, however, it is definitely not a course for hooking the ball.
Overlooking the historic holiday town of Burntisland, the views over the Firth of Forth and towards the famous Forth Bridges are truly stunning. Edinburgh Castle is visible from the aesthetic 8th hole. Come and enjoy Burntisland Golf House Club and the Willie Park experience – his only course in Fife – you will be glad you did!.
At Burntisland Golf House Club we pride ourselves in the friendliness of our welcome and efficiency of the service we provide. Our aim is to make your visit to Burntisland Golf House Club an enjoyable one; whether it is to play golf, have a meal or simply to socialise with friends and family.
Essential Information at a glance, for YourGolfDay
- Coursetype: Parkland, wide fairways and links style greens
- Number Of Holes: 18
- Yardage: 5993 yds
- Par: 70
- Bar/Restaurant: Bar and catering services in the lounge bar and dining room
- Drinks/Snacks: Snack menu available daily
- Changing Facilities: Yes
- Shower Facilities: Yes
- Pro-Shop: Pro shop fully stocked with all the leading brands equipment
- Golf Club Hire: Sets of golf clubs available to hire
- Buggy Hire: Buggies are available to hire, best to pre book
- Trolley Hire: Pull and power trolleys available to hire
- Practice Area: Practice area available
- Putting Practice: Yes
- To Confirm All Details and Further Information: Visit the Website
Location and Route Planning